This website is operated by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 trading as Allianz Global Assistance (“Allianz Global Assistance”). Reference to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ is to Allianz Global Assistance. Please read this legal notice carefully before using this website.
1. Copyright and trademarks
This website and each of its modules, together with the arrangement and compilation of the content found on this website, is the copyrighted property of Allianz Global Assistance and/or its various third party providers and distributors and which is licensed to Allianz Global Assistance. Much of the content found on this website is owned by third party providers and distributors though certain data is the copyrighted work of Allianz Global Assistance and other information providers. Other than as permitted by applicable copyright legislation, you are prohibited from copying, modifying, displaying, distributing, transmitting, storing, printing, redelivering through the use of “framing” technology, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative words or using any content, trademark or logo for any purpose without the prior written approval of Allianz Global Assistance.
2. Use of content and website
You agree that you shall not:
- employ misleading email addresses or falsify information in the header, footer, return path, or any part of any communication, including emails, transmitted through this website;
- except as permitted under applicable law, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit distribute or otherwise communicate to the public any of the content provided in this website, including the text, graphics, button icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, without the prior written permission of Allianz Global Assistance and/or its third party providers and distributors, except that you may download, display and print the materials presented on this website for your personal, non-commercial use only;
- use any "robot," "spider", "crawler" or other automated device, or a program, algorithm or methodology having similar processes or functionality, or any manual process, to monitor or copy any of the web pages, data or content found on this website, in any case without the prior written permission of Allianz Global Assistance;
- except as permitted under applicable law, alter, modify, translate, decompile, adapt, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works from any content or component from this website;
- transmit or otherwise transfer any web pages, data or content found on this website to any other computer, server, website, or other medium for mass distribution or for use in any commercial enterprise. The use of such materials on any other website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website;
- take any action that imposes a burden or load on infrastructure that Allianz Global Assistance deems in its sole discretion to be unreasonable or disproportionate to the benefits Allianz Global Assistance obtains from your use of this website;
- make any unauthorised use of this website and/or the materials contained on this website to violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials, and you must not alter, obscure or obliterate any of such notices;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or applicable regulation or code of conduct; and
- post or transmit any information which (i) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights, (ii) is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, unless with the express written permission of the owner of such right, (iii) contains a virus, bug, worm , time bomb, trojan horse, trap door or other harmful item, (iv) is used to unlawfully collude against another person in restraint of trade or competition, or (v) creates any liability on Allianz Global Assistance or causes Allianz Global Assistance to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our internet service providers or other suppliers.
Use of this website may require you to register and provide personal information or other data (“Registration Data”). In consideration of Allianz Global Assistance permitting you to use this website, in registering and providing such data, you represent and warrant that: (a) the information about yourself is true, accurate, current, and complete (apart from optional items) as required by various registration forms on this website and (b) you will maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Allianz Global Assistance has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Allianz Global Assistance has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future access to and use of this website.
Upon registering, you may receive a password and user ID. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and user ID provided to you and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or user ID. You may only maintain one user ID and password at any one time and may not use multiple user IDs or passwords. You are required to use your password for your own use only. You may not permit others to use your user ID or password. You agree to (a) immediately notify Allianz Global Assistance of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Allianz Global Assistance cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this requirement.
5. Review Of Transmissions
6. Website tracking
We may collect information about your visit to our website to assist us to measure and improve our website. Examples of information that we collect include: day and time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information about what country and State you are in.
We use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information so that we can better understand how to improve our products and services for you. Once of the primary methods used by this tool is the placement of cookies. Cookies are small information files that an end user’s web browser places on their computer when a website is visited. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We also use other external companies for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
7. Age & Responsibility
You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this website. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this website by you and those using your login information.
8. Online Purchases
Subject to your statutory rights, guarantees, and remedies set out in the ACL and any other rights you may have at law, Allianz Global Assistance is not liable for any claims against non-fulfilment or unsatisfactory fulfilment of products and services purchased on your behalf by Allianz Global Assistance from these third party providers and distributors, such as, but not limited to, airlines, hotels, tour operators, car hire companies, insurance companies, and other entities.
Allianz Global Assistance reserves the right to decline any purchase of goods or services for any reason. In such an event, Allianz Global Assistance shall, apart from any other remedies available to you under the ACL, refund to you all unutilised monies collected from you for that purchase.
You shall only use this website to make legitimate purchases and shall not use this website for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
9. Cancellation and changes to Purchase
Please note that the terms and conditions for cancellation and changes to purchases will vary for each product and service. Please therefore refer to the terms and conditions for the specific product or service. If there are no terms and conditions for the specific product or service, you may cancel or change your purchase by calling our customer service centre or visiting any one of our fulfilment centres during office hours. For certain services, you may also cancel your purchase online at the website. Cancellation, at your request, may not be allowed or may require a minimum processing time of varying periods, subject to the specific terms and conditions applicable to the type of product or service purchased. Subject to your rights under the ACL, cancellation may incur a reasonable cancellation fee which you agree to bear in full. Changes at your request may be subject to administrative fees which you agree to bear in full.
- in the case of supply of goods, the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired or the repair of the goods; and
- in the case of services, the supply of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services performed again.
11. Limitation Of Liability
To the full extent permitted by law but subject to clause 10 and any non-excludable statutory rights, guarantees, or remedies available to you such as under the ACL, Allianz Global Assistance assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the website.
Allianz Global Assistance shall not be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any lost profits or lost savings, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with (i) any use of this website or content found herein, (ii) any failure or delay (including, but not limited to the use of or inability to use any component of this website for purchasing goods or services), or (iii) performance or non-performance by Allianz Global Assistance, interruption, defect, computer viruses or other harmful components, or line or system failure; even if Allianz Global Assistance has been advised of the possibility of damages to such parties or any other party and regardless of Allianz Global Assistance’s knowledge thereof.
Some territories do not allow limitation of liability, so to that extent the foregoing limitation may not apply to you. If, notwithstanding the foregoing, Allianz Global Assistance should be found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the above described functions or uses of this website or its content, to the full extent permitted by law the combined aggregate liability of Allianz Global Assistance shall in no event exceed the value of the goods and services purchased by you which are the subject of the dispute or $1,000.00, whichever is lower. Further, Allianz Global Assistance's liability to you in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, under statute or otherwise will be reduced to the extent, if any, to which you contributed to the loss or damage. In its sole discretion, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to Allianz Global Assistance without any liability whatsoever, Allianz Global Assistance may, at any time and without notice, terminate or restrict your access to and/or of any component of this website.
You shall defend and indemnify the Allianz Global Assistance and its officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by or on your behalf in excess of the liability described herein or by third parties as a result of your use of this website.
This website may contain links to other websites which are not maintained by Allianz Global Assistance and which are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement of the contents of such other websites (whether express or implied) by Allianz Global Assistance. Their content has not been investigated or analysed by us, we do not endorse, control or approve such website and we do not warrant the adequacy, accuracy, reliability or completeness of any information on these websites. We do not provide any warranty for any aspect of those websites and expressly disclaim any liability for any and all of their content.
Similarly, other websites may link to this website. Any third parties that wish to establish links with this website should obtain the prior written consent of Allianz Global Assistance to do so and Allianz Global Assistance reserves the right to deny permission for any such links to the website. If Allianz Global Assistance gives its permission for any such links, Allianz Global Assistance is not under any obligation to establish reciprocal links with the third party.
14. Governing law & jurisdiction
In the event that any provision of these terms is held to be unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected, and the unenforceable provision will be replaced with an enforceable provision that comes close to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
15. Legal Fees & Expenses
16. Injunctive Relief
You may not assign, convey, subcontract or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
20. Additional Terms
Additional terms and conditions may apply to reservations, purchases of products and services and other uses of portions of this website, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions, including additional terms and conditions that apply in relation to specific products and services.
23. Entire Agreement
24. Communication with users
Allianz Global Assistance reserves the right to communicate with you regarding this website and your use of this website or any product or service purchased by you on this website.